I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Linkee-poo, after all, is just another brick in the wall

A short list because I am buried.

A video that visualizes the ocean currents from June 2005 to December 2007. More proof the world is stranger than we think. Plus, knowing the Antarctic Circumpolar Current exists, but to see it in motion is another thing. (Grokked from Tor.com)

Stuart Sternberg with another hurdle writers must overcome while marketing their books. Sure, you got people to buy the things, but are they really reading (I don't want to admit to the size of my guilt stack of just hard copy books).

Really? You're problem with The Hunger Games is there are sympathetic and righteous characters who are black? Hello, teens killing teens used as amusement and sport, you think you'd have a problem with that part.

Two years on, how Americans feel about the ACA/Obamacare.

Tweet of my heart:
@VoodooDarling: When satan puts the mark of the beast on people's foreheads during the end times, he'll do it in comic sans.

Alligator Quotient: I don't know who is rowing this boat, but they better go faster.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

I hadn't heard about the Hunger Games bitching. That's about as sad as things get. What a bunch of assholes.

Steve Buchheit said...

Hey Nathan, it was all over my twitter feed (mostly from people who were saying, "Read the book, it's pretty explicit what the author states regarding their appearance").