I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, March 19, 2012

Linkee-poo is short, and it doesn't stand to tall neither

I'm still entertaining comments on my four paragraph synopsis of Bladesman.

The inside story of how John Carter was doomed from the beginning. I just hope it stays around until I get to see it.

Think the lunatic fringe on the right is new? Nope, just still crazy after all these years. In other news, there's nothing new under the sun except the shavings from filing off the serial numbers. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

Some more on that pink slime you may be hearing about these days. Hey, remember all that talk about how what we need is less regulation? This is one of those places where they want less. Because there actual is a limit on what food processors can do (yes, a limit beyond treating meat with ammonium hydroxide - the government actually has the gaul to say just how much can be treated). And if you really think that what we need is less regulation, have you looked to see what level of rat droppings is allowed to be in your food? Don't look unless you want to be sick for awhile, also note this problem isn't just meat but plant based foods. (Grokked from Paolo Bacigalupi)

2 comments:

vince said...

I think it wasn't well marketed, but I saw it this weekend and really enjoyed it. I saw it in 3D, and the 3D was excellent. I hope you get to see it in the theater.

Steve Buchheit said...

Hey Vince, I really hope so too. This weekend it's supposed to rain, so maybe we'll be able to make the 45 minute drive to a theater and pay outrageously to get the cinematic experience.