I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, April 16, 2012

Linkee-poo for a hurried Monday

Still busier than a cougar in a phone booth (that phrase may have passed out of current knowledge because I can't remember the last time I saw a phone booth).

Jim Hines' fundraiser for Rape Crisis Centers is going better than previous years. Congrats, Jim, on your work for a good cause.

Chuck Wendig with a good treatise on showing, not telling. In case you were struggling with that concept.

The Slactivist has a very poignant and apropo quote for the day. Matches into one of my currently favorite Jesus quotes (didn't know I wielded them, did ya, hey, I went through catechism - the protestant version), "Render unto Caesar…".

Apparently, while Google was doing their "Street View" drive-byes, they were also war driving. And they were collecting the data being sent over those wireless networks. Just a reminder to turn on that encryption, ya all. Not that it'll help against a determined hacker, but it'll keep the mildly curious away. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

Tweet of my heart:
@joe_hill: Don't ever write a novel unless it hurts like a hot turd coming out. - the always tasteful Charles Bukowski

No comments: