I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Linkee-poo is late

Elizabeth Bear reminds me to post (by way of a general tweet, because she's subtle that way) that Dr. Debra Doyle is offering editorial services for writers. "She's good at it." And I agree. I didn't get much time to spend with her at VP, but I wish I had.

Jennifer Crusie on the importance of the words. I will admit I've offered alternative words on some critiques. However, if it's more than a single word, I'll often just write, "I think these need to be rewritten. It's just not working/powerful/clear enough for me." However, as always, it's up to the writer if they agree or not. Same on my end. If you want to suggest something, go ahead. There's often times than I know there's a better word, but I just can't get it out of the fog. However, don't be upset when I don't take your suggestion.

Vince continues the Bradbury memorial by sharing a quote about writing.

Fred Clark is wise and snarky (as is his wont), about Peter's vision and whether it nullified Moses' Laws as regarding Christians or had a much narrower interpretation. Of course the argument is germane as some people claiming Christianity like to talk about who is unclean and an abomination while accepting that the vast majority of other Old Testament Laws are null and void. Or as I like to say, if you pull out OTLs, and you're not kosher, you're doing it wrong.

Rachel Maddow with intentional lying from Mitt Romney. And this is the conservative candidate (not like I expected the others to be better, but still). (Grokked from the Slactivist)

Tweet of my heart: @newsbiscuit: Children warned name of first pet should contain 8 characters and a digit

No comments: