I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Linkee-poo has all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday. There was lots of travel and various consternations involved for us. Did get to see the Hobbit, and I might have more to say later. But for now, the blizzard is coming, they say. Hope you all are warm and safe.

So, didn't like to read Beowulf in school? What if it were done in the style of Seuss' Grinch? Does that make it better? (Grokked from Mrs. Tad)

Some perspective on the Apocalypses (Apocali?) and their believers, including a little on the prep-ers. A light treatment, and I'm not sure I agree with all of their assumptions, but there you go. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

Jim Wright offer's his opinion on the Wayne LaPierre freakout. Look, a badger! Actually Jim touches on most of the points I made, but his argument is more coherent. You know, now that I think about it, I've never seen myself and Jim in the same room at the same time. Hmmm.

The Slactivist with an excellent link post on the Class War. (Hint to everybody, the rich have been waging this war since Reagan, and they're winning) Including "They (employers) just don’t get that I’d rather they pay me a better wage so I wouldn’t have to go to a(n employer sponsored) food bank.'" A more complete explanation of what "Right to Work" really means with the consequences of the law, and exposing the hypocrisy of it being "better" but not offering it to police or firemen, "the most esteemed workers under (the law makers) purview." Another view on the Hostess bankruptcy and "One of the reasons Social Security is necessary is that most workers never see their pensions because their companies go under before there is ever a pay-out; but executives always seem to walk away with a pile of money anyway." Remember who will pick up the tab for the reduced pension benefits those workers will receive, that's the US taxpayer. And many more good links.

Since the killings at Sandy Hook, over 100 people have been killed by guns. That link quickly outlines some of those. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

Tweet of my heart: @ferretthimself: Who would have guessed that Newsweek's final cover would read, "SO LONG, AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH"?

No comments: