I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

On a Tuesday Instead of a Thursday

Today was a pretty good day. Sure, the craziness of work took on a whole new flavor, there's a personal issue bugging the crap out of me, and I was playing Crabby Carl for most of it.

But then I also got 450 pretty damn good words on the ActualWIP. Turns out I had a prologue (which I'm calling a prelude because I'm musical). I didn't expect it and wasn't really looking for it at all. Then BAM there it was. It's pretty funny too. Throws you into not only the story but the tone of the work pretty quickly. Think Revelations meets "Life of Bryan" Sermon on the Mount scene with a side nod to both the Peanuts and Douglas Adams. I actually worked in the line, "This is not their story" which, you know, had me giggling through my clenched teeth all day. "Worked in" isn't exactly right. It was more like "wow, okay, here's all this going on and I'm at the end of the scene, how do I set this up for the start of the story? Oh, yeah. That's good. That works fantastically." Giggle, giggle, smirk.

While most of the words are golden, there's still enough holes in there. Things like "said (First Angel) to (Second Angel)," although not that clunky.

So over all, a good day.

No comments: