I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, June 8, 2015

Linkee-poo stumbles into a Monday and stubs its toes

There's a theory that various laws are intended to enforce segregation and that the police continue to function that way. In case you doubt that theory. Yes, I'm sure those kids deserved to be chased away from the pool because the white people felt threatened, or something. Here's the thing, with real policing, it's important to determine the actual facts on the ground before you begin handcuffing people. I'm sure it'll take a few "unlawful imprisonment" lawsuits before someone gets it. (Updated, apparently the officer has been fired. For those of you who don't understand this, that means he will never work as a copy again. Ever. Mall security, however, he might be. UPDATED I guess the officer is currently just on administrative leave, despite earlier reports.) (Grokked from Julie)

They don't make them like they used to. The astrolabe, computer of the ancients. They're beautiful, but I wonder if you can play Candy Crush on them? (Grokked from Mer Haskell)

It's just flyover country, if that country were Ceres, the dwarf planet. That's a NASA 3d model reconstruction of Ceres, based on actual photos. (Grokked from Morgan J Locke)

The Duggars' lie about just what happened as their son molested their daughters? Shocked, shocked I am… Do we really need to have this conversation, again. Okay peoples, take notes this time because I really didn't like going through it the last time. Also, I may be turning off the news media for a while as people relearn what co-dependency and disfunction really mean. Also, as a society we relearn that Freud's first theorem regarding neurosis was based on the sexual molestation of the children. Yea, the psychological societies tossed him out on his ear until he recanted and developed the Oedipus and Electra complexes. Great Cthulhu, that's a hell I really didn't want to have to slog through again.

"'Everybody wants to be politically correct, everybody wants to be loved by the media and loved by the left and loved by the elitists,' (Mike Huckabee) said (about his "shower with the girls comment"). 'But, you know, I know I’m not going to be, so let’s just get it over with.'" Okay, Mikee. You're a jerk, Huckabee. A complete knee-biter.

"The hole in U.S. surveillance capabilities was not mentioned during the recent congressional battle over the National Security Agency's bulk collection of U.S. landline and cellphone data. Lawmakers ultimately agreed to scale back that program because of concerns it violated Americans' privacy… FBI officials now want Congress to expand their authority to tap into messaging apps such as WhatsApp and Kik, as well as data-destroying apps such as Wickr and Surespot, that hundreds of millions of people — and apparently some militants — have embraced precisely because they guarantee security and anonymity." I'm sure it'll be fine and they won't abuse the authority. Again. For the umpteenth time. The FBI is hoping nobody involved understands exactly how the internet works, or how they gather the data, to make sure they continue to have unfettered access to all data, everywhere, anytime. (Grokked from Saladin Ahmed)

I know some of you may think I'm being mean to the GOP when I label them as the "Screw you, got mine" party. Okay, how's this for an example. Some GOP congress members think because less than 2% of their constituents use subsidies, they don't have to try and fist Obamacare in case the Supreme Court get's dicky in the Burwell case. Based on that logic, Texas after the storms? Screw you. Wait until we all have to deal with major flooding before we approve emergency spending on you.

"'My life has been shattered and I am being dropped to my knees asking for guidance and support,' (Jon '(F)orever be a Patriot and an Oath Keeper') Ritzheimer wrote. 'My message was peaceful from the start and if I truly wanted more bloodshed I could have easily had it that night. But as A Marine who has been to war, I assure you that I only want peace. Islam claims to have the same intentions but only peace through submission. The spartan in me won’t let that happen!'" Let's see if you can spot all the contradictions in that. You remember Jon. He was the guy who set up the $10m GoFundMe campaign (since suspended) to keep his family safe and maybe run against John McCain. The guy who organized this peaceful protest at an Arizona mosque. You know, this one. Only now he says his Facebook account was hacked and that GoFundMe was totally bogus. Sure, Jon. Sure.

No comments: