There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Songs that make us cry

So, listening to the All Songs Considered podcasts and hit one where they were talking about songs that make up cry (starting off with the impeccable Adagio for Strings by Barber, probably indelibly etched into the psyche of those of us at a certain age from its use in Platoon). But this song always makes me melancholy. I love it (wish I could play like this). It reminds me of watching my grandmother pass. When we buried her ashes, it was playing in my head the whole time. Whenever I hear it now I think of her and that time. The two now are permanently connected in my mind.


Leo Kottke - Crow River Waltz

No comments: