There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A New Dawn, Same Crap As Yesterday, Shiny New Wrapper

I've been on this ride before.

Remember when I said that the incoming class would start to blame Obama because they weren't able to keep their promises. Well, they're not even back in Washington and the excuse train has started.

"Of course, the agenda is set by the President," said John Boener in his acceptance speech last night. Really? So what was all that talk about the Pelosi/Reid Agenda then? Oh, right, political garbage.

Welcome to Back-peddling 101. I'm sure the first thing John will do as Speaker is reverse that horrible rule that was keeping America from being Prosperous and Safe and allow smoking in the Congressional Lobby again.

There was discussion last week about how the Tea Party was going to be feeling it's power, and would come out of the election stronger. There was talk about how they would hold the representatives', whom they helped elect, feet to the fire. Good luck with that.

I did type, "Let us know how it all works out," but then I remembered I have to live through this with you.

In Ohio the conservatives swept all the state races. They're in charge now, with a Governor who stated that he'll make his plan once he sees the revenues (hint to conservatives, 1) it's public record all you have to do is ask and 2) it's illegal to wait that long to submit your budget and appropriations, as in "go to jail/do not pass Go" illegal).

Franky, I think we're boned (like I said, I've been on this ride before). But I'm willing to be proven wrong. Let's see how it's working in two years.

Oh, and welcome to the 2012 race. If you haven't formed your re-election committee by now, you're behind in the race.

No comments: