I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, January 19, 2007

Confusion or Bust!

It's Friday. Work is pugnacious. At first we have impossible deadlines (the impossible while you wait, miracles require 24 hour notice), but then I had a half hour of no work and I could eat my lunch like a human instead of shoveling it in between mouse clicks. After eight hours, though, color me gone.

After work it's off to Detroit. There's a snow advisory, and it's the coldest it's been all year. Yippie! I have a new cell phone (no, you don't get the number, Bette and I will be sharing it) and my laptop. I've got pop, water, and snacks. The clothes are in the car. The book I hope to get signed (and one other) are in there as well, chillin' out. And now I have the feeling I've forgotten something.

I owe people drinks. I'm looking forward to meeting many people I've only talked to online. I'm nervous. I'm starting every sentence with "I."

Sunday I get to lickety split back to NE Ohio for my writing group.

Oh, it's going to be a fun weekend. I hope to post while I'm there.

2 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

I hope you're having too much fun and buying too many people too many drinks to post.

Steve Buchheit said...

So far it's been a blast. Not enough sleep. Very hungry (and I'm copping wireless sitting next to Shula's, the eatery in the hotel, and very enticing scents are wafting in).

I've met everybody I planned on meeting, so now it's all gravey.

I went to pay for some drinks, but somebody else beat me to it, so the debt still stands. There are worst debts I could have held against me.