I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, January 8, 2007

In Submission

See, they're over there. There. Right there in the right hand column. Two of them are out. Out, damn spots. Out!

I stood in line at the post office for 45 minutes (hand to Tao) to get them out. Left work early (only a half hour of overtime today) to get it done.

Oh, and I made a last minute change to Running of the Deer. There was something that just kept bothering me. I had to change it. It was no longer important to the story line and would make an editor say, "Why would this character do that? It makes no sense." You always have to remove those. And, no, I didn't have to read it again. I new exactly where it was, and what the text was. And I knew I could delete it without a problem. Yeah, I've read it that many times.

Now I need to try and get the Pirate Story done. The writer's group meets in two weeks, that leaves me this week (they like a week to review a manuscript). I don't think I'm going to make it. I'm still going to try and get it done before the submission deadline next month.

2 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

"Out, damn spots. Out!"

My father (a writer) used to yell that to the dogs when I was a kid, many years before I read Shakespeare and finally got it.

Steve Buchheit said...

Shakespeare jokes are the best.