I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, January 12, 2007

Oooo, Bright and Shiny! Ahhh.

I'm scatterbrained today. Last week, which only had three working-days (New Year's Eve and New Years Day were Monday and Tuesday), saw 16 hours overtime (Saturday was 8 hours). This week I'm running at about 8 hours OT heading into Friday. I had two Council Meetings this week, was threatened with lawsuits twice (but it was the same person, not sure I can count it as two), and I'm still getting over this creeping crud. Plus finished rewrites last Sunday. So I'm exhausted.

These are good times for writers, not exactly the best for writing. It's in these states that unusual connections will be made naturally, when words have their highest degree of pliability. Truth tends to come out without any coloration. This is a time of note taking. I'm getting my groove back. Need to get back to that book.

4 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

*Camille cheers for Mr. Buchheit, as he gets back to his groove and his book*

Ply those words, friend.

Steve Buchheit said...

I've got my pliers around here somewheres. :)

Thanks. Now if I can only figure out if I'm in a sloop or a skif

Todd Wheeler said...

Thanks for the nudge about Buckell's articles. I listened to the full hour's worth. It started out great. I was sitting there thinking:

"No, I'd never do that. Oh my, what rookie behavior. Yes, yes, of course! Heh, heh, what youthful foolishness. And- Eh- Er- Ahem- Well, you know- Uh- (starts to make notes to myself)..."

Steve Buchheit said...

It was through that article that I found Tobias. I didn't know all that stuff or was thinking about it all when I went to my first convention, I made a lot of mistakes. And listening to it now I was laughing and then I thought, "Hey, wait, that sounds a little too close." Nervous laughter followed.

That's why I keep listening to it. It's good stuff.