I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, January 22, 2007

Weird Tales

Since one of my stories is currently in the slush pile (oh, I hope and pray it's beyond that, but I'm being realistic) it's somewhat concerning to hear that the editors you've met in person have moved to different slots. A full run down is here at oldcharliebrown's Journal. I hope this was amicable to all concerned. But since they're searching for a new editor, I have a feeling that submission times are going to drag for a bit as everybody gets used to their new roles.

2 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

How long have they had it in slush?

Steve Buchheit said...

I received the postcard back last week (Tuesday, I think). So, it's just new there. They usually have been getting back to me in within two months.