I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Workin' in a Coal Mine

Vacation is over tomorrow morning. I'm still coughing up a lung. Well, the good news is that we almost have our new trucks (note to people in the NE, my praying for warm weather is almost at an end; you're all on your own after we get those trucks). The bad news is that I'm Chairman of Streets, Lands and Buildings again. And I have another reason to run for office this year. Sigh.

Well, I'm almost done with "Running of the Deer" (aka "Wild Hunt"). I need to rewrite how that character gets out of Fairy. The only comment I had on that part was, "this is where the suspense died." Enough people said the same thing, so I ought to fix that. So, another couple hundred words (probably more like 150) and it'll be ready.

The goal is, this week I'll have "Running" and "War Stories" out in submission. Don't hold me to that. I've successfully procrastinated most of this night away. I'm playing to my strength.

2 comments:

Todd Wheeler said...

"(note to people in the NE, my praying for warm weather is almost at an end; you're all on your own after we get those trucks)."

Was that you? Thanks, man. I guess I'll put the ice scrapers in the car now. :-)

Steve Buchheit said...

You'd better get them in the car soon. The plan was to get the truck tomorrow. So come Monday, it's all up to everybody else. And the abnormal jet stream flow this time of year.