I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Cha cha cha Changes

Well, the clocks have changed over, but I haven't. Although dead tired and stark awake and getting a slow start to the day.

And it maybe the paranoia but I think I was an awful bore last night at the party. I blame the demon rum from Friday night. I hope I didn't kill anybody with conversational deadening skills.

So today, must pack back up, take my duffle full of books, load up the car, and drive with Karl back to Ohio. It's gonna be a long day.

3 comments:

ThatGreenyFlower said...

Pretty sure you won't stumble over the corpses of anyone Bored to Death this AM.

Drive safely!

Camille Alexa said...

Be careful driving home, Steve. And don't suffer too much from Social Hangover[tm].

Steve Buchheit said...

Greeny, thanks. Although I think the hotel was quick about cleaning up the corpses. Either that or they're a new bunch of zombies. Given how many people were stumbling, bleery eyed and dry-toungued, that may not be far from the truth. Well, actually, that may have just been me. Getting older is a bitch.

Camille, oh yeah, I've got that hangover real bad (or I did). Suffering from this crud, doing the happy happy author thing, it took a toll. Fortunately I took (most) of today off to recover and reset. That didn't work out the way I thought.