I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, November 2, 2007

Other cool things at World Fantasy

So, this morning I went down for the first panels, and stack in boxes under a homemade sign saying, ""Free Books, these Arrived after the bags were packed" (or something like that) were copies of Jay Lake's Trial of Flowers (trade paperback).

Also, best line from first panel, "I fell bad when the ghost are having a better time than I am." - Daniel Olsen

2 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

Cool! Trial of Flowers was on your wishlist, wasn't it?

Steve Buchheit said...

Camille, yes it was. I'm halfway through Mainspring and am enjoying it emmensly. I'm told his short stories (which I don't think I've read any) are excellent.