I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dishwasher Shopping

Well, the leak is from the pump. I can't find a full replacement, only rebuild kits, and no instructions (the manual has been discontinued). So, it looks like it's going to be a new dishwasher. My bad for not locating the source of the leak first and going on advice (bad handyman, no Klondike Bar). I think I can install one myself, although the soft copper tube makes me nervous (it's easy to kink). Sears is running a sale, that includes free installation (by rebate). I could live with that.

I took tomorrow off (last week was really bad at the day job, and this week wasn't much better). Bette has some errands to run. Maybe we'll go later in the day (I really want to sleep in), or Saturday.

This weekend is also the Grand Valley Festival (also called the Fall Festival by the born-and-bred-here types and wanna-bes, I guess at first it was help in October, old names die hard in small towns). I have to do the speaker system for the parade. I should probably put in an appearance. A few years ago they had one of those booths where you have to shoot out the star. Yeah, considering the dust on the stuffed animal I don't think the carney ever thought he'd have to pay off (the secret is to cut the star out). I don't think he ever came back (at least I haven't seen him, and it's a small fair). The new thing this year is fireworks on Saturday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo dishwasher. Yay fireworks! Sorry, that's all I got.

Anonymous said...

Hey, wait a minute, I AM the dishwasher at my house.

Perhaps I'd better watch myself. I might be replaced!

Anonymous said...

After hearing yet another transformer blow in my neighborhood this morning (fourth time in about 10 days), I was reminded that the best way to make large appliances last is to use surge protectors with them. Seems that all the small surges add up and over a period of time can do quite a bit of damage.

Steve Buchheit said...

Todd, that's okay. That's all I got too. :)

Sheila, I keep hearing about a certain electrical company having problems, you know, except "everything is okay, no problems here."

Anonymous said...

Yes, I keep hearing that, too.

Have to say that the lights just flicker, and we have not lost power for long.

It gets VERY annoying to have to reset all the clocks in the house a few times each week.