There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Monday, June 22, 2009

Noir dreams of conquest

Chapter four's first rewrite is done now. It came in at 3220 words, the longest chapter so far. That gets me to 8335 words for the first four chapters which puts me over the 8000 word application limit. Time to go through and edit from hard copy next.

Bleed red little manuscript!

I printed out the other chapters today, double-side, 7 to 9 pages each. The physicality of the words on paper left me less than impressed. Sigh. I know it's just a mind game the gremlins are playing, but still. You'd like your words to have heft. Don't you?

Your random sample.

The gunboy remained stoney faced and still throughout the conversation. His face looked disinterested while his body language let me know he was paying very close attention. His weight sat slightly forward, on the balls of his feet. His stood a full four-inches shorter than me, but all five-foot seven of him looked like muscle under that suit. Not so much the taught piano wire, he was more the tuning fork used to tighten the wire properly.

No comments: