I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Three, it's a magic number

Two new anthologies by all around hoop frood John Joseph Adams and one from those good guys over at Hadley Rille.

First, an open anthology (which are getting like hens teeth these days). Here's a post on the guidelines to The Way of the Wizard. Reading period is NOW through March 31, 2010. I do have notes (and I think one minor part of a stub, I'd have to look) on a story set in Windswept that could fit this, but I don't know if I have time to get it out. Maybe with the subconscious boost of a possible market it might come rolling out later.

Next is an antho he might have some openings for (read his description) called The Mad Scientist's Guide to World Domination. I've got nothing, but I have to say all the happy points in my head are pinging around with the topic.

And I almost missed this one, from Hadley Rille Books, Destination:Future. Deadline is June 30th (this month). I do have something I could send, but I want to do a slight rewrite to it before sending it back out again. Also don't know if I have time. Might need to make it, though. Hadley Rille has been very good to a few people I know, and I've never been able to make their deadlines.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pointer to the wizard anthology. Plenty of time to come up with something...

Dr. Phil (Physics) said...

Thanks, Steve. I'm always the last to know about anthology calls -- and often after the deadlines.

Dr. Phil

Steve Buchheit said...

Elizabeth and Dr. Phil, that's why I post them. I know friends who would be interested in submitting.