I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Dis, dat, and da udder ding

On the novel I got about two hundred more words out today. Sigh. Well, I didn't expect to continue the 1000 word in a half hour clip I did yesterday, especially since I don't know where we're going with this chapter. I think I've decided to build up the tension a little with some extra character building. Can't always have action, have to develop more story.

Things are wacky at the day thing. It's going to be a busy week. And we're approaching a holiday which helps give clients artificial markers along the calendar. So big time control issues. And no matter how hard you push, that camel just ain't going through that needle's eye.

My need still hurts where I gouged it. There's usually some blood on the bandage everyday. I'm hoping it's still healing and it's just that the cut is on a joint that I continue to break the scabbing by walking, etc.

We had a significant rain today. I was at work but Bette could check the rain barrels. Apparently my jury-rigged drainage plan works as designed. I'm somewhat proud of that. Now I just need to design and build the new diverter.

Still darn tired. Must get more sleep.

No comments: