I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Do I always have to begin with Kay if I want to kiss?

So, anybody besides me think adding wingsuits to the ski jump would be an interesting event? Of course you could only have the arm wings, as the flap between the legs would slow you down on the take-off. And just where are the Colbert Nation logos on the speed skaters' thighs? I don't see them (although they have the Nike logo clearly displayed). And there was a technical problem with the inside cauldron. Yes, we know. Can we move on? And tomorrow with the luge restarting, just how many times will we be told (and review the video) Kumaritashvili was killed on the fastest course ever designed?

Wasted the day away by not getting much done (just little stuff). However, I did discover that Lifetime Channel is excellent for writing horror (got another 700 words or so out). Also working on taxes. Hit the question from our accountant, "Do you think your income for 2010 will be less than 2009?" That's a "yes."

Since I've gone through the whole registering process on Monster and CareerBoard I'm now getting "Don't you want to sell insurance/be a financial planner" spam. No, I like to look at myself in the mirror in the morning. At least to shave. Not many new positions popped up on today's searches. In fact there was only one (and it was also in Canton). However, I guess being online kept people from phoning me for freelance (didn't expect them to be in on Saturday, but I guess they're in 7 days - really, rehire me already). Anyway. Feeling a little frustrated and angry at the moment (at myself as well as in general). Will probably show my face at the new place next week. Did I mention about quoting only an hour for a job, and being asked to come in, which would triple my quoted time?

Anyway. Thinking about taking the census exam. WIll need to see if they have office positions available locally. I did door to door in college and don't want to do that again.

No comments: