I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Still Alive

Trying to get into the swing of the new schedule and not doing very well at it. Although I've been getting up earlier each day. I guess that means I'm finally getting over being exhausted.

I'm back to editing a friend's manuscript that's way, way overdue. Every time I've sat down before there's always been something to interrupt me. But now I'm able to devote hours to it.

The little voice in the back of my head keeps saying to start writing new stuff, and edit my own book. I'm not sure I'm ready for that. Still need to get things in place. Started filing for unemployment last night. Sigh. They say it only takes 15 minutes, but after 45 minutes of screwing around with their site I called it quits. So I'll have to do that again tonight.

Been sending out emails to people who might be of help in the search. Contemplating if I should do something different, but feeling that anything else wouldn't pay as well (and we all know how well graphic design pays to begin with). Pickins is short. Hopefully those jobs will be coming back soon.

Also, I'm trying not to spend too much time online as that ties up the phone line (even though I'm including my cell in all my correspondence). New notice put up at the old day thing gives a different spin than what we were told, but reading between the lines those developments weren't unexpected.

Hopefully soon I'll have more to say, and get back to commenting on everybody else's blogs. I miss reading abotu what you all are doing.

No comments: