I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday should be job searching, but posting

So, have a quote out for a job that'll probably take an hour to do, but they need to get me files. If I drive there to pick up, it'll triple my quoted time. Hopefully we can FTP it.

Toby Buckell point us to Patrick Rothfuss answering the "advice for new writers" question. Excellent answer. Sometimes people think I'm from Orwell. I've lived here for only a decade (only two more years than I've been a councilman here). Why Orwell? Because my house was $123k. Closer in to Cleveland it would have been over $200k (although it may have been larger, but I'd have less than half an acre, which was one of our requirements). One of my fears of this joblessness is not being able to keep the house (although we should be good for awhile - but that's a bigger fear for me than the "not being able to afford food").

Did you happen to catch the first three minutes of graphics for the Vancouver Olympics (the Cpt. Vancouver mapping the end of the Western World)? Sometimes I feel frustrated and angered by my chosen profession (see Toby's rant on the Dodge ad). And sometimes I just love my chosen profession. Really, it was that f^(&ing fantastic. But, the Theme to Pirates of the Caribbean as the Olympic background music? Really NBC? So much stirring music available and you pick that?

No comments: