I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Sunday that feels somewhat normal (and it shouldn't)

How do you sign an ebook? Sarah Zettel gives us the low-down how how she got Tobias Buckell (whom this link is grokked from) to sign her ebook copy of Sly Mongoose.

Have I mentioned one of my friends started up a blog. She's doing book reviews as her blog posts. You can find her at Lycans Librarian Blog. And, yes, she is (or was) a librarian (have I said Librarians Rock! recently?). She ran the first writers group I belonged to. We were kind of the lone genre writers in the group. I have a feeling you'll be hearing more about her soon (I shouldn't spill the beans).

Working to add all the blogs I used to follow into Google reader so I can keep up with them.

Today's wanted posting search was meager. Only people with specific web technology expertise (yep, we're back to "must have 5+ years experience doing the exact same job responsibilities the exact same way we want you to do them here" cycle). Did the skills exam on the Department of Labor website. And you know what? Damn, I'm good. Yes, once people know me, they realize I can do things. What I don't know I pick up quickly (as long as I can experiment with real work). Took the online test for the Census. They say to expect a half hour. It took me fifteen minutes (Bette needed my help with something in the middle). Guess how I did.

No comments: