I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Linkee-poo is resting after the ballroom blitz

Pointed out by almost everybody in my lists, NPR is asking people to vote for the top 100 SF/F titles. Go forth and do damage.

Jim Hines on agents as publishers. He has more and better thoughts on this than I have at this point. Many agents, from what I understand, are former editors (of some sort). In that case, they would be well positioned to do this. However, Jim's third set of bullet points for me is where the stickiness comes in. Once I have a brain, again, I'd have to give this some thought. Although, without an agent at the moment, it would all be academic for me. But would I even submit to a agent or house that was e-publishing original works? My initial answer would be no. More thought needed.

With cancer, let's face it. Words are inadequate. More on the language and stories surrounding illness. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

Oh look, a spot of higher than expected radiation levels at the Fukushima plant. Quelle surprise. "The hot spot may have resulted from reactor venting, a U.S. expert says." Guess what that means. Don't worry, it's a big ocean.

And conservatives wonder why the left calls them crazies. Rep. Steve King, freeze-dried wackaloon, stamps his "crazy" card, again. Oh, and guess which caucus he's a part of.

More conservatives get caught with campaign swag not made in the USA. "I would argue the case that the market should determine it." If Ron Paul really believed that, he wouldn't be running this time.

No comments: