I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, August 1, 2011

Linkee-poo says they just don't write them like that anymore

Jim Butcher on how to build a villain. Think his comment about "... if your protagonist is a little shaky but your villain absolutely shines, you can still tell a very successful story" isn't true? Okay, who's performance in "Robin Hood Prince of Thieves" do you remember more, Kevin Costner's or Alan Rickman's?

Emergency team of 8th grade civics teachers dispatched to Washington. From last week, but I still get a chuckle. Something tells me we'll need them again.

In relation to my weekend post on cancer, Jay Lake talks about the things people say to you when you have cancer. (Linkee-poo takes this opportunity to thank Jay for the shout out on his weekend link salad)

You are not a photographer tumblr. Yeah. Now I need to start the "you are not a designer" tumblr. You know once I have a few spare hours. (pointed to by Dan)

Just one of the reasons I love Making Light.

Some more on the "we're taxed more than other countries" and "lower taxes=jobs" fallacies. More of the well known liberal bias of reality. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

No comments: