There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Monday, January 7, 2008

Another Sale (for another writer)!

See what happens, I go into lurker mode and Ken McConnell goes off and sells a story. Congrats, Ken. And major congrats for convincing Eric Reynolds (two Nebula nods for his anthos, that guy has got to be doing something right) to open up another antho to include your story in it (sure, there were other authors, but that's not how I would tell the story). You all should go gush good feelings at Ken. Good show, dude.

Oh, and talking about Ken and gushing good feelings at other authors, Ken points us all over to a good post by Jim Van Pelt on writing. I've sinned against number 2 and I need to learn 6a more often.

4 comments:

Ken McConnell said...

Thanks Steve, glad you lurked by! I really like the cover too, but it still could change a bit.

I think Eric is aiming for a release in the next few months, so I won't have to wait long to get this one and read all the other stories.

ThatGreenyFlower said...

Oooh, the Van Pelt post is wonderful! Thanks for pointing me towards it.

Hope your New Year is going well! We just took Christmas down last weekend and it made me kind of blue that the celebratory season has passed again.

Steve Buchheit said...

No worries, Ken, it's an excellent sale.

Greeny, yeah, that's a good list on Van Pelt's site.

So far it's been hectic. I'd like to post about everything that's happened, but some of it is confidential work stuff (or at least stuff that my bosses might be upset if I talked about). Let's just say there's contention, and I'm thinking of UPR (update personal resume). If you hear about unions fighting for the dignity of the workers, here's another vote for that.

All of our outdoor stuff is down, my wife rocks! I still have my tree up. It'll probably come down this weekend.

Other work stuff is just insane. I now have (or know about) four major projects this month, all will be quick turn arounds, all involve exacting work and hundreds of parts, all of which aren't here yet. Plus the regular schedule is picking back up with holiday hangover extra volume. I feel like a small Pacific Island that's been warned the tsunami is coming, but doesn't really have any high ground to get to.

Camille Alexa said...

Man! That Barren Worlds antho has an absolutely gorgeous cover! The best one for Hadley Rille yet! Go, Ken.