There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Lurker-fu Extends

As I left work, the RSS counter was approaching 400.

I don't think I'll be able to get a new laptop battery by this weekend, so I'll be leaving the laptop home (as there was no WiFi in the rooms, only in the lobby). Unless something weird happens between now and Thursday night, that's the plan. So I'm sorry but it doesn't look like I'll be doing the from the floor con reports.

My main priority between now and then is to get to the Sears store to get the water heater ordered. Yeah, I could probably do it over the phone, but I've got a small gift card I want to use up, and there's a couple of questions I want to have a sales person in front of me for. The questions will determine either the 50 or 40 gallon tank.

With the MacWorld keynote, iTouch is getting closer to what I want. The Mac Air looks nice (and 60+gig SSD Hard Drive - YEEHAW!, but such a price), but I like my optical drive and use it a lot. Damn water heater, taking up all my money (well, that and taxes, property taxes, gas, etc, and oh yeah, the excellent shelves we installed). although on the plus side, I do have almost 8 hours of overtime for this week already. That's gotta create some spending dough.

Still tired from yesterday. My eyes are drooping and it's only 9:20pm. Getting old is a bitch. I recommend you don't do it.

3 comments:

David Klecha said...

You know, I thought of you when they announced the expansion of the apps for the iTouch. Now to see if they can get you bluetooth keyboard support.

Shawn Powers said...

Getting old is a bitch. I recommend you don't do it.

Um, dude... I don't go around my blog telling people to drop dead. I mean, really, I'm already starting to feel old. Your recommendation is that I die right away?!?!

..and I thought I was a cynic.

;o)

Steve Buchheit said...

David, yeah, it's so close right now. I could probably do quick things with the internal on-screen keyboard, but any major typing I'd want something external. My thumbs are way to big.

Shawn, well, no, I recommend you stop aging, or at least avoid it as much as possible. When I was David's age, this kind of schedule was no problem at all. Heck, it would be light compared to what I used to do. Now, it's kicking my butt. So, I've resolved to stop having birthdays, New Year's Day will be strictly avoided, and I absolutely refuse to put on my crotchety pants (grumpy and frumpy pants are okay though).

Interesting note, Apple's MacOS built-in dictionary includes "crotchety." Man, I love this OS.