I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, January 11, 2008

Lurking in the Woods

Well, as the week progressed, my Luker-Fu increased. Sure, there were momentary lapses of reason during the week, the gnomish humor on Making Light, the occasional comment on Whatever, some other comments sprinkled about. Though, really, it wasn't all that much. The RSS count tonight when I left was north of 275, most of that cutting has been do to the fact that Jay Lake has been less effluent as of late, and I cut out both Cherie Priests webpage mirror (all of the commenting is on her LJ from what I can tell) and Dave Kletcha's LJ (I usually comment on his website, although I think his LJ gets more comments, so I might switch) which mirrors his own website.

If feels strange and somewhat disconcerting to see that high of a number. It also bothers me that I haven't been able to keep up.

Just some numbers from this week; we broke back over 10 hours of overtime, also 227 plates at the day job, I also left two major projects undone at work, two meetings and an oil change, and about 350 new words on Sean and the Moon. The week also started with resubmitting Rag-a-Bag after a rejection. I've selected the vendor and type of waterheater, but I couldn't get back in to buy it (okay, tonight I could have, but have you ever felt the "I just want to go home" desire, yeah, big time after work tonight). Plus, now we can only have it installed on Fridays. So, ordering it on Monday shouldn't hurt.

Hope you all had a better week.

3 comments:

Todd Wheeler said...

Everybody loves Lurk-Fu fighting.

Or maybe not.

Camille Alexa said...

Just dump the backlog and move on. It might feel like getting a monkey off your back. Monkeys are heavier than they look.

Steve Buchheit said...

Everybody was lurk-fu fighting
Those blogs updated fast as lightning
RSS feeds were a little bit frightning
I kept trying to read with expert timing.

Heck, I've even tried to make a comparison with Axe Body Spray and High Karate. Oh, the 70s, when I was growing up.

Camille, yeah, I've thought of that. Unfortunately I have this feeling that there's something really good in there (like Josh's mind of a writer post, or maybe something eBear wrote will strike a cord, which a lot of it does). Yeah, I need to let go.