I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Order Placed - Now We wait

Water heater issues will soon be solved. Tonight I was able to leave (heck, I cut out after an hour and a half of overtime) and got the water heater ordered. Should be in next Wednesday and installed on the 25th.

I went with the fifty-gallon tank. Overall, it isn't the lowest quote, but it's still about $500 less than the original quote. Total package, including extended service plan, is $920. Some of you may be saying, "Whoa, for a hot water tank. That ridiculously high, dude." Well, it's a power vent (double your normal water heater price) for the horizontal venting, and a tight installation area. Also, I'm upgrading the tank form 40 to 50-gallons. The Sears tank (Kenmore) has a few features I like. It has 1" of insulation built-in, it's size fits better than some other tanks, the glass lining is slightly better, heavy anode rod, and the cold water intake is designed to stir the tank bottom to break up any sediment and flush it out.

So hopefully you'll all stop hearing me complain about the water tank RSN (real soon now).

And as everybody know who owns a house, it never ends. This summer we might have some other book cases installed, nothing like last summer's installation. A lot less than last summer. We've also priced wood-burners, that might be a possibility. And we have a lot of concrete work that needs to be done (which I would put ahead of the wood-burner).

No comments: