I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, January 18, 2008

Counting the minutes

I am so looking forward to this weekend. No pressure on everyone that I'll be seeing there, but if I'm drinking heavily, just understand it isn't because of you. This is one of those weeks where the thought of my Dad's drinking comes back to me as a warning not to. I might ignore that for this weekend. One of my business phrases is "Time to start drinking heavily." I'm am looking forward to having a fun time, and if drink is the way, I can accept that right now.

Most of you know I don't drink to excess. For one, I like expensive beers and I can't afford to drink them like that.

A slight miracle has occurred, my laptop now gets about fifty minutes out of the battery before needing recharged (after a week of reconditioning), so I do have it with me.

It's going to be be the coldest weekend of the year, and I'm going to drive into the teeth of it. Woohoo!

And now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go axe a laser printer.

3 comments:

Todd Wheeler said...

Woo hoo! Axe that printer! Have fun at the con.

Camille Alexa said...

Hope you're having a good time!

Steve Buchheit said...

Todd, well, the printer survived. Fortunately I was distracted by other problems.

Camille, I had an excellent time. Couldn't get the free internet connection to work, but then there also wasn't much down time at this one.