I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, January 2, 2010

WIP it all night long

Chapter 40 came in at a whopping 2875 words. I have a feeling in rewrite I'll break that into two chapters although right now I can't think of how I would do that. Okay, maybe I have an idea, but it doesn't feel as natural as the other two times I've had to do that. There's very little dialog, which is unusual compared to the rest of the book. And with it being so late I'm not sure if the chapter is entirely cohesive. Although I do like how it ends (I'm not sure how other people will react to it though). This is the chapter that ends the action in the book. It's all down hill for the last two chapters (or what I thought might be two chapters, that part of my brain that helps me estimate these things is now quibbling over that). So we now have a total of 71525. Not bad. Looks like I planned that out pretty well. My guess is I'll go a little over the 73000 mark, but not by much (and this is why I listen to that part of my brain that helps with the estimating). I'll also redo the math on my totals. Not like I haven't screwed those up before.

I started a little way into 41. Just so I wouldn't have a dead end tomorrow.

And now, it being way too late, I'm to bed.

No comments: