I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, January 15, 2010

On losing weight

General update. I keep bouncing above 300. With the change over to the extended release formula of the metformin I started to gain weight. So we're adjusting when I take it (before seeing if I can go back to the regular formulation).

But one of the things I hate is if I feel hungry, this little voice in my head comes in and say, "That's good. You should feel hungry. That's the signal your body is processing the fat." And it counter acts any thoughts of going for a snack.

Hate that little voice. Especially when I know there's Sour Cream and Onion Potato Chips down in the vending machine. Hate that voice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many, many snacks in the world are not potato chips.

I read once that over 60% of the times one thinks one is hungry, it's actually thirst. It's supposed to help if you drink a glass of water and wait a few minutes to be sure. I have no idea if any of this is true.

Steve Buchheit said...

Camille, I do my best to consume at least 2 litres of water while I'm at work. And at home I try to drink at least 3 glasses at home.