I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Back in the Saddle

Three stories in submission. Shout out to Camille for her link to Story Pilot. Handy dandy that site is. So, some things that may or may not fit, but, you know, that's the editor's job to accept or reject a piece. It isn't mine.

I find it interesting that Baen's Universe gives you a link to track your story's progress. That's kind of neat. Although, as a vetran of tracking orders shipped from online stores, I have a feeling that checking on my progress might take on obessive qualities. Must not check more than once a day.

So there we are. Now I need to do a hard copy edit of Daddy's Little Girl. Maybe submit it for review by the writers group. Plus do edits to Changelings and Crow Boy. How long is a weekend? Oh well.

4 comments:

Todd Wheeler said...

"Come easy, go easy
All right until the rising sun"


Er, or maybe you meant a different Back in the Saddle.

Anyway, congrats! Send those puppies out there.

Steve Buchheit said...

Yeah, I was thinking the
Whoopi-ty-aye-oh
Rockin' to and fro
Back in the saddle again
Whoopi-ty-aye-yay
I go my way
Back in the saddle again
version. :)

Camille Alexa said...

I find StoryPilot, Duotrope, and Ralan's all useful in different ways. When I'm researching a market, I tend to juggle all three. StoryPilot's great for targeting SFWA-qualifying pubs, for example, while Duotrope's a fantastic indicator of response times and accepted lengths, but Ralan's is great about listing editors' names and anthology markets.

Steve Buchheit said...

Hey Camille, yeah, I was working Story Pilot and Ralans together. I'm still getting used to Duotrope (way too many icons with too fine of a distinction between them), it seems like a powerful tool, but is still a little confusing. I liked Story Pilot's function of entering the word count of the story. That's neat.