I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, August 10, 2007

Decorations Redux


For Greenyflower, my new home Xmas Tree. Relooking at it the tree may only be nine feet, not twelve, my bad. Next year I'm going to put it on a box. It fits (just barely) in the space we have for the tree, and it's big and prelit. Although, I added some more lights. I like to be able to read by the tree. This year I hope to replace some (or all, he he he) of those lamps with LED lights.

That's my living/dining room space on the south facing wall. Yes, I need to get more light in my house. The wallhanging is a quilt made for my wife by some home-schoolers that she helped out by donating some scientific equipment and books we had. And as you can see, there's a big haul under the tree. This includes presents for Bette and I as well as for her family (the nieces and nephews mostly), the presents for my family having already been delivered to my Mom's house. We host Bette's sister, brother-in-law, and two nieces the first night they're in Ohio, so we thought it would be good to have them (the neices mostly) be greeted with this. This year Xmas is supposed to be at our house, so we're going to do up the diggs for that.

5 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

Woo-double-hoo! Extra photos on the Story Bones.

ThatGreenyFlower said...

I like it! I did have a vision, though, of a 12-foot tall tree made of...well, pencils.

Steve Buchheit said...

Greeny, ha, yeah, okay. Would you like that in #2 or HB? :) I guess maybe saying it's a Slimline tree would work better.

Camille, okay, this one is my photograph. I guess maybe I should do more photos.

ThatGreenyFlower said...

I'm kind of a school supply wonk. Therefore I'm still fixated on a tree made of pencils. Yellow, yes, sear-the-corneas yellow, but oh, how merry!

Steve Buchheit said...

Greeny, we would also want to make sure we didn't give the kids lead poisoning from all those pencils.