I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, August 10, 2007

It's Like When the Weather Channel Plays Pink Floyd

One of the joys of my commute is that I am in range of three different NPR stations, and two of their repeaters, during most of my commute. In addition I also can usually pick up a Canadian Broadcast station as well (hello to all our friends up north, over the lake). This morning, however, I had problems receiving one of those NPR repeaters when I was less than ten miles away from it. The main station farther away came in clearer, but not all that clear (some static and doppler effects). Other radio channels also had problems (although higher up the FM dial they had less problems).

And with how my morning is going so far, this was an omen. I shoulda stood in bed.

Oh, and my Weather Channel Local on the Eights reserves Pink Floyd for the Winter, usually when bad weather is approaching. Really. I'm not kidding about that.

No comments: