There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Absenteeism

It looks like I need to take blogging prunes to help get regular again. There's been lots of work for the night thing. So even though I was on another layoff day I was pretty busy. Unfortunately I don't get paid extra for it. There's also the chance of some freelance work coming in. I was able to get ahold of the client today, so we'll see about tomorrow.

For the day thing we have this union/management committee that we can suggest business ideas or improvements to help us work easier, smarter, more efficiently. Well, this past Tuesday was a meeting and I had an idea. Unfortunately since we're not all in the meeting, I have no idea what the reception of the idea was. It would be a big change and without knowing more of the pricing models we're using, I have no idea if it's feasible. A little nervous about it. Some people's toes may have been stepped on.

Also, for the night thing there's some controversy in the Village. Not so much from what we did (although it was a tough choice and vote) but how it came about. I can't explain more about it, but while I feel good about my vote, I feel definitely played by certain parties. I'm thinking about what I need to do about it. Everything I've come up with so far would seem petty.

So tomorrow is going to be an interesting day.

No comments: