I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, February 1, 2009

It was all I hoped it would be... or something.

Spending time getting caught up with blogs and just relaxing. Planned to be productive, but things just got out of hand. Well, I guess there's still time.

Editing some of the novel I have done. End of Act 2, the scene is the brimstone lake in PA, our character is about to propose, have just done what he considers a splendid thing. It's early morning, the line to get into the lake is just about to start, the fairy mob (acting as sacred clowns) has begun their antics. As our man gets close the love interest mounts the diving board (installed as a sick joke) and makes a swan dive into the lake. Our man rushes in after her, doing a belly flop. Six of the fairies pull out score cards with 6.0, except for the last one who has a 4.2 on his card. The other five glare at him. Sometimes I crack myself up.

After wrestling with trying to write the first act, I think I've finally accepted that the third act will come out first. Books don't always behave the way we want them to. Just like characters.

No comments: