I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Funky Fresh Economic Crap

And things just keep getting better. Oh, I'm so glad the conservatives don't think they need to do anything to help out, and that putting people to work is the wrong policy, because their in action and giving money to their banking buddies is working so damn well so far. Yes, I am a little ticked.

We've gone to four day weeks across the board. That is only 32 hours, not four-days of ten-hours. Just four eight-hour days. And I was told 5 minutes before I left that tomorrow would be my day this week. And then I had to log back in to work and extra twenty-minutes of overtime because of an emergency rush request.

So, not only are we down $8 a week from health care increases (erasing all previous raises), now we'll be down and extra full days worth of pay. And the kicker, I was just trained on how to help out with a project that is way behind. And then there was the overtime.

Unfortunately, the major indicator on the health of the company is if the big presses turn. And they aren't, even though other things are running behind.

No comments: