I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Penta-randomness

I had to stop by the grocery yesterday and I noticed all the Valentines Day candy that was on sale. It was so sad. So much candy and so many soft, cuddy, stuffed animals orphaned into the cruel, cruel word of discount shopping. All those wishes and calories now on the cheap. Kinda like fleet week. On the plus side there were rows upon rows of Peeps! Peeps! Anybody know if those kids that were doing mean and terrible things to Peeps are still at it (like the Peep Surgery - my Google-fu is failing me)? Those poor Peeps.

Speaking of Peeps, wonderful person and excellent writer Mary Turzillo has a story on the Pseudopod Podcast called Bottle Babies (episode 129). Go and be creeped and chilled. Alister has a story for you, and he swears it's true. And if you haven't been listening, why not? They have great stories and excellent readers.

Was off line for a couple of days. One, I've been very busy and I took last night off to spend paying attention to my spouse and the kitties. Sometimes you just gotta do that. If you haven't in a while, I suggest making plans. I also noticed I've been getting crotchety and down as of late. So I figured a day or two might help me reset and come back with some more exciting and funny stuff. Here's hoping.

Work continues to suck wind... oh, wait, I wasn't going to do that. Hmm. Ooo, something shiny! Good friends John and Dan send this picture of a Mac Mini mod that is to die for. That gets an "A+" in my class. Bonus points if the disk door is functional in some fashion and the mini makes the "drive spinning up" sound the old Apple Disk Drives used to make.

Finally, to the Chinese Fish Farm that keeps spamming my comments. While I appear to be a White Hat, and most certainly here I try to maintain that look, technically I am a Grey Hat. I'm also old school from when we built the internet one eight-bit packet at a time. If you don't understand what either of those terms mean, you really shouldn't be spamming me. Just saying.

3 comments:

Janiece said...

Kinda like fleet week.

No, you didn't. You did not go there.

Steve Buchheit said...

Janiece, well, I was thinking more of the purchasing power of the US Navy personnel on shore-leave during that time. Um, yeah, that's what I was talking about. You know, all those things they can get at Coney Island, the prizes and the cotton candy. Yeah, that's what I was talking about. :)

Steve Buchheit said...

Why, what did you think I was talking about?