I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, February 8, 2009

And place them in her eyes for me


The goddess outside my window tonight.

Today was another warm one. The snow is gone to patches. The trees all have halos of melt around them, and where the seed shells have landed has gone to ground. This week looks like the same weather, above 40s for the days, below 30 for the nights. Didn't Punxsutawney Phil see his shadow? You know, if you can't trust a groundhog, who can you trust?

This weather is good for one thing, though. Well, okay, my driveway is now clear enough that I can see all the grit we used on the roads this winter. Not going to do that again. No, I mean it's good mapling weather. Although, if we're starting the freeze-thaw cycle now, the Geauga Maple Festival is going be a little late in the season, being April 30th to May 2. Soon maple trees will be sprouting their metal buckets (to be honest, every year sees fewer buckets and more centralized collection systems with their purple pipes, which IMHO, just doesn't do it for me). It now depends on how the weather in early March is. If we go back to cold, the syrup may not be all that good. If we keep on this track, though, it should be pretty good (if the producers get out in time).

No comments: