I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Linkee-poo felizes your navidads

Magick 4 Terri, an auction site to help Terri Windling (also, new Terri Windling blog to follow). Terri is an amazing person. She is also the first writer I ever approached to get an autograph. Which I did at an incredibly, terribly wrong time, and she was gracious enough to oblige me. Or, as I say, I was full on stupid at her, and she matched me with an grace and poise I will probably never posses or be able to repay. I'll look at these more closely and see how I can help out. (I had seen some other links, but finally grokked from matociquala)

Kelly Harmon shows her work over on the Clarion blog (markup of her first novel's first page from the editor).

Writtenkitten tool to crank out the words. (also grokked from matociquala)

Jim Hines talk about the Amazon (or anyones) review advice.

Cheese and what it means to be cheese. Good thing we don't have those pesky regulations here in the US. It's a little known fact that most cheeses sold in the US aren't really made from milk, but are water based with "milk solids" (and other binders) used. Not to mention flavors and colorings. One of the reasons we buy our cheese from Middlefield Cheese (but not all of theirs start as milk, most of the milk they buy is turned into those "milk solids", and they use some of them their own selves). (Grokked from someone, sorry, lost the trail)

Using a fluorescent spray (and microbiology) to quickly identify cancer cells in a surgical setting. We are truly living in the SF world. Yes, there's problems with it, and it's years from actual application, but very cool none the less. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

When you can't build up, build down. That's a /. article on building an inverted pyramid in Mexico City. Hmm, from what I remember, Mexico City is built on the ruins of Tenochtitlan which was itself built on Lago de Texcoco (a lake). Not sure that's the best place to "build down." (Pointed to by Dan)

Ursula K. Le Guin on her own take on the five myths as expounded by moveon.org. Yes, they're all political, and they're all of "the stories we tell ourselves." No, we're done with birtherism, so it's not included here. (Grokked from Morgan Locke)

This secret bill to be voted on soon will basically nullify posse comitatus. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

Because, even in Canada (waves to our neighbors to the North), governments are going beyond the laws to stop protests. I can only say, this makes me want to be more involved with OWS. (Grokked from Steven Gould)

No comments: