There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Monday, January 12, 2009

Joe Reduxs and might not re-duck

So now Joe the Plumber is working for a conservative website. Wait, he's a conservative? Could have knocked me over with a feather. And that conservative website is so happy with him they're sending him to Gaza to cover the war.

You know, the non-jounralist who probably doesn't have any combat experience. His friends are sending him into a combat zone. As Dr. Zoidberg said, "With friends like this, who needs anemones?"

I wonder how well those journalist credentials from a website will work?

Personally I love some of the interviews he's given about it. You know, like how, as a Christian, he knows God will protect him, so he doesn't really need a bullet proof vest. And then there's the one about not being a real journalist but being an expert in media bias, because, you know, that'll help him so much covering a war zone.

Sometimes watching those episodes of Nature on PBS, I find myself routing for the lions. Go lions, go.

Anybody else see a Darwin Awards recipient in the making?

3 comments:

vince said...

Anybody else see a Darwin Awards recipient in the making?

Oh, yeah.

Jerry Critter said...

After Palin, I think most republicans should get a Darwin Award.

Steve Buchheit said...

Vince, I might have to check the nomination requirements myself.

Now Jerry, some of them have a brain. Just not the social conservatives, who have a champion in Palin.