I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Snow is here, wish you were deep.

Winter came a callin'. We've got about 6-8 inches out there as of this morning, and it's still coming down. We're under a winter weather advisory until 1am tomorrow morning and we're expecting another 8 inches today. So to all my NE Ohio friends, I hope you're keep warm and dry and that your exits are all cleared of snow.

This morning I had to go to a meeting (yeah for local governance!) and it was a mess out there. We have two state highways that run through our village, both are the responsibility of the State to clear (we get tons of calls every year). It's actually illegal for us to plow those roads (the parking spots along the side are our responsibility). The highways were dangerous this morning at 8:30. And when I left the meeting at 10:30 they were still dangerous. This "lack of salt" thing is getting crazy.

Anyway, spending the day inside catching up with chores and paperwork (I have two reports to write this week, yeah for local governance). Tried to get some pictures of the cats being especially cute, but once I got the camera out, they stopped their antics and just looked at me. Sigh.

We've already cleared the drive once today (right after the meetings). I have a feeling we'll have to do it at least twice again today. I have a 50 foot drive, two cars wide. And I use shovels. No snow blower. And I haven't seen the plowing gods all day (we sometimes get a free plow from friends - yeah friends!). We'll also have to feed the birds a few times today as they're voracious little beasties.

No comments: