I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ghosts appear and fade away

Spending the afternoon relaxing. After shoveling out the driveway this morning, I think we deserve it. That doesn't mean we're not doing anything.

Catching up with some blogs and feeding my head by watching reruns of The Story of India. There's hundreds of things being shown that aren't explained (fortunately with what little I know I'm able to understand some things, like offering milk to the stone, which is only explained that this has been going on for over a thousand years since the time of Raja Raja, not what is exactly going on).

Which is strangely somewhat synchronistic as I've had the line "from far-flung Cathay" in my head all today. Cathay is now known as China. I know it's a quote from a book, but my google-fu is failing me.

Still writing, trying not to stress myself out about it. Although applications for Viable Paradise are now open. What I'm writing will hopefully be my application pieces, or at least one of them will be.

No comments: