There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Friday, February 20, 2009

The Weekend Awaits!

Which is good, because this week went down the tubes. Yeah, I'm trying to be positive, but let me give you an example of how the week went.

The computer I use at work died. Consensus is that the hard drive is either 1) disconnected or 2) toast. Since it's an iMac, I don't feel comfortable cracking the case. It's still under warrantee, so we'll have a tech out on Monday. I really hope it's #1, because there's lots of customization and data that helps make my day go so much easier.

And along with that I've had to use MS Outlook web app today. How is this company still is business with writing crap software like this? I mean, really, Entourage is bad enough. The web app actually causes brain cells to die.

The night thing continues to yawn up and swallow all personal time. You know, last year I was glad to get away from the thought of, "I have to do this for the money." The last two months of last year were actually somewhat good. The first two months of this year have me back to thinking, "I really need the money. With the day job down 20%, I need to keep doing this." Not exactly the motivation you want from your public servants.

On the plus side, tomorrow I get to go see the niece sing. That should be a fun time. I'll need to put all this week behind me out of necessity. I'll get to have dinner with my sister-in-law which is usually good for my mood.

There's a lot of work to be done. I hope you all have a good weekend and that your lives are going better.

No comments: