I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, January 8, 2010

A moment of not-so-much pain

I don't know if I've over-dosed on ibuprofin or not, but at the moment there's only a little pain. Of course, I'm tired as all get out. But while the moment was here, I thought I'd take advantage of it.

This pain thing sucks. And just for the record, it's my right arm. Which coming from a family with heart problems is doubly more concerning (oh look, massive pain in my upper right arm with tingling sensation in the hand, I wonder what that could be?). Yet another appointment this afternoon. I have a feeling it will be accompanied by x-rays. Wednesday we had a long conversation and he did some quick tests. No weakness, no restricted movement, no major damage. Just pinched nerves. Joy.

And to add to the aggravation, there's the typical "start up of the year" problems with the village stuff. Hmm. Maybe if I take enough ibuprofin, it'll deactivate that duty-bone and I'll be able to resign. Nah, probably won't work.

No comments: