I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, July 31, 2009

Writerly linkee-poo - the Charm of Three

If you haven't checked out the SFWA LJ lately, you might want to look at them again. SFWA has been doing a lot of cool things lately, like this LJ with interviews, commentary and writing tips. It makes me want to join them again.

The Blood Red Pencil blog is something I stumbled across (can't remember who put a link there, Matt Staggs I think). I haven't read much, but what I have read has been good. Nice writing advice.

Jim Hines is giving his books away for practically nothing. Come on, books for nothing, chicklets for free. What could possibly go wrong (contest ends tomorrow morning).

3 comments:

Rick said...

Okay, I'll bite- what is the SFWALJ again? It would be too dangerous to try and figure out what society they stand for.

Steve Buchheit said...

SFWA, the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America. The have a group Live Journal (LJ) that is actually quite good (especially considering the problems plaguing the organization for the past four years). They've been posting regularly with some good info.

And the trial website is actually (gasp) modern.
http://www.sfwasite.org/

Especially compared to the old site (which considering I just saw that they're FINALLY going to replace it, I won't link there. But it's like a tribute to the early 90s website design. And I'm not stretching the truth, I'm being generous).

With all the kerfluffle years ago over the elections and a certain member of the board (as well as rumors of the vicious crap on internal bulletin boards) I removed SFWA membership from my list of professional goals. If they keep this up, I'm thinking of penciling it back in as a early writing goal.

Rick said...

Whew! That's a lot better than what I was thinking. Af first I thought you were talking about the Society For Weird Animal Love Jokes and was afraid you'd been hanging out too much with Stewart Sternberg.