I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, July 31, 2009

Lucy in the sky

clicky to embiggen, these are 800xwhatevertheyendedupat. More details in the bigger images.


I've restarted doing what I did in college for photography courses, that is taking cloud pictures. Clouds have always fascinated me. I love a dramatic sky. See, in NE Ohio, we don't get many clear, sunny days. So we make lemonade.

So this is what I picture the early Greeks seeing and imagining those are the towers of the gods they were given a glimpse of through the lens of the rain.



These are from this past Sunday, and taken from my driveway as we arrived home from Confluence. I wish I had the camera in the car to get a photo of the drive home on I-80, and I was in too much of a hurry to get home to pull over. It had been a long (but good) weekend.

No comments: