I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday Misc.

Just to show that reality is too weird for fiction, They (and you know who they are) are developing a fuel cell that runs on blood. Okay, it's actually kinda cool, a small fuel cell that feeds off of glucose in the blood stream that is implantable. Can a Terminator that requires blood sacrifice be far behind. And, "The animatronic zombies on this ride are so realistic." (from a link grokked from Jay Lake's link salad)

And, as they say, astronomy is looking up. And if you do look up in the sky right now, there's a pretty good chance you might see the ISS (International Space Station). I've seen the station twice, and I've gotta say, it gets my geek on. Seriously cool to realize that moving light is man made and that there are humans in space. NASA runs a site in case you want to track when you can see the ISS yourself. (from all around hoopy Dad Dan)

On why most politicians at this level have people to help them write a speech (text of Gov. Sarah Palin's resignation speech). Seriously. Don't do this. And the wild population of freeze-dried whackaloons will grow by at least one at the end of the month.

And finally, Jeff VanderMeer writes about The Fear. He doesn't use that word in discussing the freelance life, but it's there. It's the thing that has kept me in a day job instead of jumping, like Jeff did two years ago (although I would just into graphic design freelancing, something I know rather more about). And his point #5 is something I struggle with constantly and I have #6 engraved in my soul.

No comments: